* Realize the underlying principle of the WHO Global Strategy on Infant and Young Child feeding that “mothers and babies form an inseparable biological and social unit.”
* Develop awareness of societal and institutional practices that impact on maternal breastfeeding behaviours.
* Explore current research that supports the development of evidence-based practice.
* Mobilize the passion and enthusiasm of participants toward responsible action, within an ethical framework.
* Provide opportunities for participants and speakers to network and share.
"Your right to breastfeed anywhere, anytime is protected by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms." - INFACT Canada (Infant Feeding Action Coalition)